There are a number of silly, destructive and persistent social norms or status quos that say we should put up with a lot of things that we really shouldn’t put up with. Under the guise that “life is hard,” people often want you to just buck up and be happy, when, really, you should change the things that aren’t making you happy.
Saying “no” can be really hard if you’re a go-getter or you don’t like giving up, but here are 10 times you should say “no” and do your own thing. Because that silly cliche about putting you first is actually something you should put up with.
1. Say “No” To Friends Who Bring You Down
2. Say “No” To A Doing Things Without A Reason
3. Say “No” To Any Job That Doesn’t Fulfill You
4. Say “No” To Overworking Yourself
5. Say “No” To Meeting Other People’s Expectations
6. Say “No” To Trying To Control Everything
7. Say “No” To A Relationship That Isn’t Working
8. Say “No” To Crazy Diets
9. Say “No” To Judgement
10. Say “No” To Hate And Negativity
Read the full post