Considering the numerous benefits of the cloud model like cost flexibility, business scalability, and ecosystem connectivity, a number of Indian enterprises are evaluating the technology and are preparing to jump on the cloud bandwagon. In fact, according to a recent survey by VMware, 79 percent respondents in India said they currently have a cloud-related initiative in place within the organization or are planning to implement cloud or 'as-a-service' approach, in the next 12 months.
Let’s take a look at 10 Indian companiesacross various sectors that are frontrunners in cloud adoption and are already deriving business value from cloud.
1. Hexaware: Unleashing the true potential of cloud with significant cost savings
2. Zovi: Saves USD 200,000 of annual operating expenses due to cloud
3. Narayana Hrudayalaya: Fuelling growth, resilience with the cloud
4. Maharashtra Government: Shows power of cloud with savings of Rs 50 crore
5. Infosys: Using cloud for infrastructure optimization
6. Essar Group: Demonstrating the real power of cloud with superb ROI
7. Maruti Suzuki: Empowering dealers using cloud
8. Thermax: Cloud brings flexibility, security and outreach to remote locations
9. MPS: Saves USD 150,000 per year by moving to the cloud
10. Future Group: Private cloud brings down maintenance costs by 20-40 percent