Friday 22 January 2016

The Amazing Web 2.0 Projects Book

The purpose of this booklet is to give you some practical ideas about the kinds of things you can do with Web 2.0 technology. Please note: this was not intended to be a compilation of projects using cutting edge applications. I simply invited teachers to share what they have been doing.

In many cases the projects were in their infancy. Also, almost all projects will need following up in some way. For example, what were the longer term benefits, or what exactly was meant by “amazing results”?

All the descriptions have been provided by the teachers themselves. I received quite a few submissions, via an online survey, but only a relative handful have been included here, for a variety of reasons:

• Some people asked for their projects not to be made public. I have respected that wish.

• Some projects were not viewable by the public. I have actually included some of these where the description was detailed enough to give the reader an idea of what was going on; otherwise, I couldn’t see the point.

• I have not used submissions where there were very few details and no website to check out.

• I have omitted repeated descriptions of similar projects, but have included the URLs referred to.

As you will see, I have arranged the projects according to the age range they address. However, I do think it may be worth your while looking through all of them. I, for example, found several ideas for podcasting in primary (elementary) schools from the projects listed in the higher age groups.

I hope you find the booklet useful, and I should be extremely grateful for any H Ufeedback U Hyou would like to give me (mailto:terry@ictineducation.org?subject=Feedback)

Download the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pl. post your comments