- Most businesses want to recruit, retain and promote more women than they did before.
- Industries that are traditionally male-dominated are even more likely than others to do so.
- The reasons why range from moral calling to profit motives.
- But gender gaps still persist in all industries.
- The reasons are both cultural and structural.
- Women could be in the firing line of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- If you are a woman in college today, consider STEM or business courses. J
- It’s time for companies and governments – not just working women - to lean in.
Tuesday, 19 January 2016
8 things women should know about the future of work
The World Economic Forum’s Industry Gender Gap study seeks to understand the current gender gap across industries and the future impact of key disruptions on women’s employment. It does so by asking the talent and strategy executives of today’s largest employers to imagine how jobs in their industry will change up to the year 2020. If you are a woman who is planning to join, stay in or return to the workforce in the next 5 years, here’s what you need to know.