Saturday, 17 January 2015
10 Modern Forensic Science Technologies:
As technology infiltrates every aspect of our lives, it is no wonder that solving crimes has become almost futuristic in its advances. From retinal scanning to trace evidence chemistry, actual forensic technologies are so advanced at helping to solve crimes that they seem like something from a science fiction thriller.
With all this forensic technology, its no wonder that this field is one of the fastest growing in the U.S. Shows like CSI and NCIS have made most of the forensic science techniques used today common knowledge. You might think that virtually the whole gamut of forensic technology is old hat to today’s savvy viewer. In fact, there are a number of incredibly cool forensic technologies that you probably never knew existed.
1. Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS)
2. Alternative Light Photography
3. High-Speed Ballistics Photography
4. Video Spectral Comparator 2000
5. Digital Surveillance For Xbox (XFT Device)
6. 3D Forensic Facial Reconstruction
7. DNA Sequencer
8. Forensic Carbon-14 Dating
9. Magnetic Fingerprinting and Automated Fingerprint Identification (AFIS)
10. Link Analysis Software for Forensic Accountants